The collection comprises material that relates to the Williamson Kinematograph Company, later renamed the Williamson Manufacturing Company Limited. The company was established by James Williamson (1855–1933), who operated as a chemist, photographer, film pioneer and camera manufacturer.
The bulk of the collection focuses on the later Williamson Manufacturing Company Limited business of developing reconnaissance cameras. It contains internal company product development papers and drafts, published instruction manuals and catalogues, and publicity materials. It also includes press cuttings, presentation albums that relate to specific camera types, a comprehensive and possibly complete run of ‘Williamson Views’ (a periodical published by the company), financial ledgers, books of Board minutes, and an album of photographs depicting the factory interior.
15 boxes and folder of large drawings