Photographs of Maureen Adams (Fire Victim)

Made:
1958
maker:
The Daily Herald

Photograph relates to a fire in a block of flats in Shawford Court, Roehampton. Fat flying out of a pan set fire in the kitchen, catching the subject's skirt (thirteen year old girl) and the curtains. The subject was saved by her brother. The fire was stopped from spreading by a six year old boy who heard screaming and dragged the curtains out of the window from the outside. Both children suffered minor burns. No source is given for the photograph.

Details

Extent:
One photograph
Identifier:
HER/1/1/2/3/17
Access:
Access is given in accordance with the NSMM access policy. Material from this collection is available to researchers through the NSMM's Insight facility.