Laundry basket from St Audry's Hospital
Basket used by asylum patients for carrying laundry and stores
Patients in the laundry department of St Audry's Hospital used this basket. Opened in 1765, the hospital was originally a workhouse for the poor until it became the Suffolk County Lunatic Asylum in 1827. From 1917, the hospital was also known as St Audry's Hospital for Mental Diseases.
- Psychology, Psychiatry & Anthropometry
- Object Number:
- laundry basket
- East Suffolk Health Authority
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.