Stereoscopic viewing apparatus, for x-ray plates, reflecting type, by Victor X-Ray Corporation, Chicago, USA, c.1925
3-D or stereoscopic viewing helps give visual depth to 2-D X-ray plates. It makes ‘reading’ an X-ray easier. This machine was developed by Victor X-ray Corporation of Chicago, US. It was patented in 1911. It has two backlit intensifier screens and uses mirrors to view X-ray images of the body.
Consultant radiologist Dr George Simon (1902-1977) used this viewer at his practice in Upper Wimpole Street, London until the 1960s.
- Object Number:
- furnishing and equipment
- tools & equipment
- surveying instrument
- photogrammetry instrument
- Simon, Mrs. Joanna
- Permanent collection
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.