Dr Williams' 'Pink Pills', London, England, 1850-1920

Made:
1850-1920 in London

Buy this image as a print 

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

Science Museum Group Collection
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum

Bottle of Dr Williams "Pink Pills", by G.T. Fulford Co. Ltd. (of Canada), proprietors of the Dr. Williams Medicine Co., London, 1850-1920

Dr William’s ‘Pink Pills’ were advertised as an iron rich tonic for the blood and nerves to treat anaemia, clinical depression, poor appetite and lack of energy. The tablets were originally advertised as “Pink Pills for Pale People”. Users of the product claimed the pills could even cure paralysis.

The patent for the pills was bought by an American politician, Senator George T Fulford (1852-1905) in 1890. Fulford made the product an international success.

Details

Category:
Materia Medica & Pharmacology
Object Number:
A627306
Materials:
bottle, glass, bottle, plastic, carton, paper
Measurements:
bottle: 79 mm 26 mm,
type:
medicinal tonic

Cite this page

Rights

We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.


Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero


Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence

Using our data

Download

Download catalogue entry as json

Download manifest IIIF

Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.