Prestwich No. 4 cinematograph camera with external spool boxes,and tripod,1898.
The Model 4 is for film in 500' or 75' magazines. The Prestwich camera was one of the first to be fitted with detachable external film magazines. The feed magazine is on top of the camera; the take-up magazine at the back. The lens panel is removable so that lenses could be quickly changed and at the top left of the side panel is a dial recording the amount of film used.
- Object Number:
- cine camera
- tools and equipment
- equipment by process
- image making equipment
- camera (function)
- The National Media Museum, Bradford
- Permanent collection
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.