Glass bottle of paregoric elixir

Made:
1831-1870 in Bath
maker:
J. Davis & Co.

Rectangular glass bottle with ground glass stopper full of Paregoric Elixir (camphorated tincture of opium). 115 mm x 40 mm x 26 mm, 174 g. Dispensed by Davies & Co., London, mid-nineteenth century.

Details

Category:
Materia Medica & Pharmacology
Object Number:
A241815 Pt5
Materials:
camphor, complete, glass, opium tincture, paper
type:
opium
credit:
Wellcome Trust
status:
Loan: Wellcome Trust

Cite this page

Rights

We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.


Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero


Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence

Using our data

Download

Download catalogue entry as json

Download manifest IIIF

Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.