Blue glass bottle of 'The Drops'

Made:
1801-1900 in Kensington

6-sided blue glass poison bottle with cork stopper (broken) for 'The Drops' (opium tincture), with trace contents remaining. 86 mm x 31 mm diameter, 47g. Dispensed by James Garner, London, nineteenth century.

Details

Category:
Materia Medica & Pharmacology
Object Number:
A630143 Pt29
Materials:
cork, glass, opium tincture, trace
type:
opium
credit:
Wellcome Trust
status:
Loan: Wellcome Trust

Cite this page

Rights

We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.


Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero


Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence

Using our data

Download

Download catalogue entry as json

Download manifest IIIF

Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.