Locomotive Worksplate, "Andrew Barclay Son & Co Engineers, Kilmarnock. N.B. No 686 - 1891", brass, rectangle, 0-4-0 saddle tank locomotive, outside cylinders, new to C F McLaren Ltd, who became part of Scottish Iron & Steel Ltd in 1914, locomotive was at Stentor Works, Wishaw No. 2, Bairds & Scottish Steel Ltd, Coats Works, Coatbridge No. 8, to Shanks & McEwan c. 1920 No. 10, used on Shieldhall Dock contract 1924-1931, bought by J N Connell Ltd, Coatbridge in 1944 [possible for scrap].
- Locomotives and Rolling Stock Components
- Object Number:
- works plate
- vehicles and vehicle components
- vehicle component
- identity plate
- Smith, E.E.
- Permanent collection
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.