Carlisle Station

maker:
Unattributed

Watercolour and pencil on paper, Carlisle Station, unknown artist. A painting of a station building with people standing in front. There is a banner in the top left corner inscribed 'CARLISLE STATION'. Framed and glazed (glass). The building was designed by architect William Tite in the Gothic style and was built in 1847. Also known as Carlisle Citadel Station.

Details

Category:
Pictorial Collection (Railway)
Object Number:
1975-8520
Materials:
paper, pencil, watercolour
Measurements:
overall; frame: 410 mm x 1245 mm x 75 mm,
overall; image: 360 mm x 1200 mm
type:
watercolour
status:
Permanent collection

Cite this page

Rights

We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.


Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero


Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence

Using our data

Download

Download catalogue entry as json

Download manifest IIIF

Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.