AEC Regal IV bus with 1 1/2 deck coachwork, 1953, chassis no. 9822E 1495; registration no. NLP 645. The Associated Equipment Company had its origins in the London General Omnibus Company, and produced some of the most famous London bus designs, including the Routemaster. The front engined AEC Regal was first produced in 1929 and used as the basis for many bus and coach designs both in and outside of London. This is an example of the Mark IV AEC Regal which followed in 1950. This particular coach entered service in Sept 1953 with British European Airways as an airport transfer vehicle and was eventually withdrawn in 1967. In 1982 the bus’ bodywork and interior were restored with apprentices at London Transport’s Aldenham Works.
- Road Transport
- Object Number:
- Burborough, S.
- Permanent collection
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.