Lagonda saloon car

Made:
1957 in Middlesex

Lagonda saloon car, 1957. The first Lagonda car was produced in 1907 by a car manufacturer, based in Staines, Middlesex and founded by the American Wilbur Gunn, who named his company after a river near the town of his birth Springfield, Ohio. By the mid-1930s Lagonda were experiencing financial difficulties and were bought by Alan Good who also employed W O Bentley, former founder of Bentley’s Motors and designer for Rolls-Royce. Lagonda was taken over by David Brown and integrated into Aston Martin in 1947. Brown continued to work with Bentley, and Aston Martin started to produce models with the Lagonda engine and the initials DB, of which this is an example.

Details

Category:
Road Transport
Object Number:
1962-108
type:
private cars private cars
credit:
Mrs. C.H. Wordsworth.
status:
Permanent collection

Cite this page

Rights

We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.


Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero


Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence

Using our data

Download

Download catalogue entry as json

Download manifest IIIF

Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.