cinderford tramway wheel
Tram wheel from the Cinderford Tramway, early 19th century.
This is a plain-rimmed cast-iron wheel for running on cast-iron, flanged, plate rails. It came from Cinderford on the Forest of Dean Tramway, which was authorised in 1809 and converted to a broad gauge railway in 1854.
The wheel is 21 inches in diameter, and ran loose against a shoulder on the conical end of a fixed axle secured by a cotter.
- Locomotives and Rolling Stock Components
- Object Number:
- vehicles and vehicle components
- vehicle component
- running gear
- Bretherton, F.J.
- Permanent collection
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.