Avro 504K biplane D7560 with 130hp Clerget engine, c 1917.

Made:
1917 in England
maker:
A V Roe and Company Limited

(1) Avro 504K biplane D7560 with 130hp Clerget engine no. 52090; (2) Aeroplane Log Book; ( 3) Engine Log Book; and (4) 30 hour non-luminous Mk.V watch

Avro 504K biplane D7560 with 130hp Clerget engine no. 52090; The Avro 504 first appeared in 1913 and was in service with the Royal Flying Corps during WWI. As early as November 1914, three 504s carried out a 'mass' bombing raid on German airship construction sheds at Friedrichshafen. In 1915 the Avro was adapted for training duties and remained in this role until the late 1920s.

Details

Category:
Aeronautics
Object Number:
1920-52
type:
watches
credit:
Ministry of Munitions (Aircraft Disposal Department)
status:
Loan

Cite this page

Rights

We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.


Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero


Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence

Using our data

Download

Download catalogue entry as json

Download manifest IIIF

Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.