Schneider trophy, 1913, plus wooden plinth c. 1931.
Schneider trophy, 1913, plus plinth c. 1931. This trophy, which is formally known as the Jacques Schneider Air Racing trophy for Hydro-aeroplanes, was offered in 1913 to encourage the development of marine aviation by the Jacques Scheider armaments works. The trophy, designed by E Gabard, is a silver plated casting mounted on a marble base showing the Spirit of Flight kissing the waves. It became the outright property of the Royal Aero Club after a third British win in 1931. In 1977 the trophy was donated to the Science Museum, London.
- Object Number:
- marine environments
- United Service & Royal Aero Club
- Permanent collection
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF