Ruins of the Priory at Lewes

Lithograph. Ruins of the Priory at Lewes where the remains of Gunrada, daughter of William the Conquerer, and her husband William de Warren, were discovered whilst digging for the railway through the ruins on the 28 October 1845. Drawn by W Page. Printed by S Straker, Lith, 80 Bishopgate St.

Details

Category:
Pictorial Collection (Railway)
Object Number:
1978-1756
type:
print
status:
Permanent collection

Cite this page

Rights

We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.


Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero


Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence

Using our data

Download

Download catalogue entry as json

Download manifest IIIF

Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.