Portion of linear accelerator from Los Alamos laboratory, unsigned, American, 1940-1945. It was thought to have been brought back to England by one of the British team with the intention that it be used in a high-voltage laboratory when Los Alamos was wound up, but the lab was never set up. It has not been possible to verify this. The balls and shorting wires on the top were to linearize the voltage profile down the tube.
- Nuclear Physics
- Object Number:
overall (lying flat): 100 mm x 935 mm x 120 mm, 5.41kg
- University of Leicester, Dept. of Physics
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.