ship's bell pembroke

Made:
1880

Ship's bell, brass, Great Western Railway, inscribed "Pembroke", from the Paddle Steamship/Twin-Screw Steamship Pembroke, allocated to the Irish service from Milford, converted in 1895, transferred to Weymouth and ran on the Channel Islands service, built by Laird Bros, 1880, withdrawn and broken up 1925.

On display

National Railway Museum: Warehouse

If you are visiting to see this object, please contact us in advance to make sure that it will be on display.

Details

Category:
Railway Shipping
Object Number:
1998-11833
type:
bell
credit:
British Rail, Clapham
status:
Permanent collection

Cite this page

Rights

We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.


Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero


Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence

Using our data

Download

Download catalogue entry as json

Download manifest IIIF

Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.