Two-wire telephone repeater, made by Standard Telephones and Cables in collaboration with Western Electric Company, British, 1923-1925.
This is an early example of an audio-frequency repeater. This two-wire repeater provided transmission in both directions over a single pair of wires, and amplified the signals. It was installed at Marks Tey in Essex in 1927 and was recovered in 1965.
- Object Number:
- furnishing and equipment
- tools & equipment
- Donated by the General Post Office
- Permanent collection
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.