Magic lantern slide showing the Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- c. 1850
A hand-painted magic lantern slide depicting the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Jerusalem, by an unknown artist (possibly W R Hill), made after 1847, and shown at the Royal Polytechnic Institution, London.
The Royal Polytechnic Institution in Regent Street, London, was renowned for its spectacular magic lantern shows employing as many as six huge lanterns projecting large, hand-painted slides eight inches (20.3 cm) by five inches (12.7 cm).
- Object Number:
- magic lantern slide
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.