Laurence Olivier and Vivien Leigh at Clubland

Made:
28 May 1952
maker:
Unknown

Photograph showing Sir Laurence Olivier and Vivien Leigh unveiling a plaque dedicated to drama at Clubland (Walworth Methodist Church) in Camberwell, South London Clubland was founded in 1922 by Reverend Jimmy Butterworth. Located in Camberwell Road, Southwark, Clubland served underpriviledged youth in South London and counted many famous celebrities as patrons.

Details

Category:
Photographs
Object Number:
1983-5236/30492
Materials:
ink, paper (fibre product)
type:
photograph
taxonomy:
  • object genre
  • image
credit:
Daily Herald Archive, National Media Museum, Bradford
status:
Permanent collection

Cite this page

Rights

We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.


Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero


Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence

Using our data

Download

Download catalogue entry as json

Download manifest IIIF

Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.