Class 414 motor coach number 61275
- 1957 - 1958
Electric multiple unit motor coach number 61275, Network South London Class 414 2 HAP electric multiple unit. The unit initially had the running number 6077 then 4308WD.
The BR Class 414s were two-car Electric Multiple Units built at Eastleigh Works between 1956 and 1963, working express services for the Southern Region of British Railways.
The Southern Railway had created a classification system for its Electric Multiple Units, and this unit is an example of a 2HAP, meaning it was a 2-car Half lavatory with electro-Pneumatic brake. This system was continued into the British Railways era until the introduction of the TOPS system.
The Class 414s had several different liveries over their working lives. This example is painted one side in British Rail blue and on the other side painted in the red, white, blue and grey colours of Network SouthEast, on which network the 2HAPs still ran until 1995.
- Locomotives and Rolling Stock
- Object Number:
- electric multiple unit
- HSBC Rail (UK) Limited
- Permanent collection
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.