The Marquardt Company
Company originally formed by Roy Marquadt an aeronautical engineer in Venice, California. From its beginnings in 1944 it specialised in the construction of ram jets for use on aircraft and rockets.
By 1959 the company was so successful it had purchased several smaller aerospace companies and developed the reaction control system engines for the Apollo space programme. In August of 1968 it merged with CCI Corporation, CCI sold its ownership of Marquardt to ISC Electronics in 1983.
International Signal and Control was eventually purchased by Ferranti International plc in 1987.