Henry Bannerman & Sons Ltd
A textile spinning and weaving concern originally formed by David Bannerman in the early part of the 19th Century. The business a partnership originally had premises in Marsden Square, Manchester. As the company prospered as, merchants in all textile goods, the rest of the family who were a farming family from Perthshire moved to Manchester as well.
The new company Henry Bannerman & Sons who had premises in the Spring Garden area of Manchester continued to grow which resulted in moves to larger premises and eventually had a purpose built warehouse on York Street. In 1864 the company became spinners and weavers of textiles. They purchased North End and River Meadow mills in Stalybridge and in the following year Brunswick Mill, Ancoats and Old Hall Mill in Dukinfield.