Crossley Premier Engines Ltd
Crossley Premier Engines Ltd was the re-registered name for Premier Gas Engines of Sandiacre, Nottingham. The company was acquired by Crossley Brothers Ltd in 1919 and retained its original name until the parent company issued shares in the Nottingham based subsidiary under its new name. The Nottingham works expanded as a result. From 1962, Crossley Premier Engines Ltd manufactured diesel engines on the French Pielstick design in an attempt to save parent company Crossley Brothers Ltd. The attempt failed, and the company was sold by the receivers to Bellis and Morcom in 1966. The name Crossley Premier was retained, but production at the Nottingham works ceased in 1966. Bellis and Morcom and its subsidiaries merged with the Amalgamated Power Engineering Group in 1968.