Taylor Brothers & Co Ltd
Iron and steel manufacturers, and producers of railway carriage and wagon wheels, tyres and axles. Established by George, James and Samuel Taylor at Clarence Iron Works, Leeds in 1857. Registered as a limited company in August 1905. Acquired by Vickers in 1919 and merged with Metropolitan-Vickers Electrical Company Limited following Vickers' acquisition of the Metropolitan Carriage, Wagon and Finance Company. Additional works established at Trafford Park, Manchester in 1920. Leeds works closed in 1921, with all production moving to Trafford Park. Became part of the English Steel Corporation in 1928. Nationalised in 1951.