Exide Batteries Ltd
Exide Batteries, originally called The Electric Storage Battery Company was founded by American W.W. Gibbs in 1888. Working as an executive for a gas company he saw the potential of electricity as a source of power.
Produced various types of batteries over the years including the “Ironclad” battery for electrically powered commercial vehicles. The company name was changed from Exide Batteries Limited to Chloride Nominees Limited on the 18th July 1994.