Crompton Parkinson Limited
Crompton Parkinson Limited were Electrical engineers and manufacturers of a wide range of electrical components. They formed in 1927, by the merger of Crompton and Co (a lamp manufacturer founded by R.E.B. Crompton in 1878) and F. and A. Parkinson (a successful electric motor manufacturing company founded by two brothers, Albert and Frank Parkinson).
In 1968, Crompton Parkinson was taken over by the Hawker Siddeley aerospace group. The Crompton range continued to be further diversified to incorporate cable, fuses, batteries and metering instruments in addition to lamps and luminaires. In 1970, after Hawkers took over Brook Motors, the 2 companies later became Brook Crompton Parkinson Motors.