Cathodeon Crystals Ltd
Cathodeon Crystals Ltd was formed by Pye Ltd in 1952 and was part of its Industrial components, processes and services division, specialising in the design, development and manufacture of high precision quartz crystals for frequency control in all radio and telecommunications systems and equipment. It main site was in Linton, Cambridge. it manufactured electronic components including quartz crystals, crystal filters and crystal oscillators. Its largest customers were Pye Telecommunications and Racal Tacticom. In 1981 it was transferred by Philips into Cambridge Electronic Industries, before being closed in 1989.