Browett, Lindley & Co. Ltd

The company took over an existing business previously called Deakin, Parker & Company in 1880. Herbert Lindley and Thomas Browett changed the name of the company to Browett, Lindley & Co in 1884 and in 1890 the company relocated to new premises at Clifford Street, Patricroft.

The company specialised in building steam turbines for use with electricity generating equipment, it was licensed by Aktieselkabet Atals Maskinfabrik of Copenhagen to build and sell the Atlas Steam Turbine.

In 1929 the receivers were brought in to run the company and it was bought by George Cohen, Sons and Co.