Holden & Brooke Ltd
Established in 1883 by Harry Holden and Robert Grundy Brooke, the company was first situated at St Simon's Works, Salford. The company initially manufactured injectors along with drilling machines and gas engines however, demand for steam injectors was so great that they stopped producing drilling machines and gas engines and concentrated on injectors.
In 1897 because of increased production they moved to larger premises, the Sirius Works, West Gorton, Manchester. The company increased its range of steam related equipment and in 1912 started to produce centrifugal pumps, which they continued to produce. As well as pumps the Heater Department was expanded and they designed and manufactured all types of heat exchangers for industrial use.