Kolster-Brandes Ltd

Nationality:
American

Originally known as Brandes an American owned company, which had established a subsidiary, in Slough in 1924 making headphones for radio sets. In 1928 the company moved to the Cray Works, Sidcup in Kent along with the merging of Brandes with another American company Kolster Radio Corporation, to become known as to Kolster-Brandes Ltd.

In 1938 it became part of International Telephones and Telecommunications British subsidiary Standard Telephones and Cable. Shortly before this the company supplied the whole of the receiving equipment for the RMS Queen Mary.