Goodbrand and Company Limited

Nationality:
British

Founded as a partnership between Walter Goodbrand and Thomas Eccles Holland in Manchester in around 1879 and trading as both Goodbrand & Holland and Goodbrand and Co from premises in Manchester. The partnership between the two was dissolved on the 13th January 1897 after which Walter Goodbrand continued trading alone.

The works were initially located at Southall Ironworks, Southall Street, Strangeways, then Cheetham (Hill) and later Staleybridge. The company manufactured or supplied a diverse range of equipment from delicate instruments used for testing textiles to steam pumps, fuel economisers and other steam engines.