Company established c1700 by Joseph Ibberson. Were the first company to manufacture stainless steel cutlery. Active as 'George Ibberson' 1894-1900 at Central Works, 102 West Street, Sheffield. Became George Ibberson & Co in 1901. Active at Violin Works, 112-116 Rockingham Street, Sheffield 1912-1932. Eventually sold to British Syphon Industries with work transferred to Scotland Street. When MAB Industries bought the company they opened Portabello (new) Violin Works. The company went into liquidation in 1983 and was acquired by Egginton Bros Ltd. In 1986 Egginton Group was formed with other cutlers. The brand name 'Ibberson' is still used by the Egginton Group.