Derby Canal Railway 1793 - 1908
- Little Eaton, Derbyshire, England, United Kingdom
Derby Canal Railway, was a narrow gauge industrial plateway serving the Derby Canal at Little Eaton. The tramway ran four miles from the canal wharf to Smithy Houses and another mile further to Denby Hall Colliery. It was developed in order to carry coal from Kilburn and Denby down to the canal at Little Eaton. With the rise of Midland railway, in 1856, the tramway lost a lot of its trade and eventually closed in 1908. Known as the Little Eaton Gangway.