E Thomas & Williams Limited 1860
- Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales, United Kingdom
Established by Evan Thomas and Lewis N Williams. Based at Graig Street, Aberdare. Exhibited widely during the 1880s and 1890s and won gold awards at the London Mining Exhibition. During the First World War, they made shell casings. During the Second World War the company gained a contract to supply the Ministry of Supply with steel parts and 'Lightbuoys' designed to locate survivors from torpedoed ships. When business declined after the war, the company turned to producing lamps for the gift market as well as traditional lamps for use.