Barclay Curle and Company
1818 - shipyard founded by John Barclay at Stobcross, Glasgow. 1845 - John's son, Robert Barclay took James Hamilton and Robert Curle into partnership, creating Robert Barclay & Curle. 1855 - acquired the JG Lawrie yard at Clydeholm. 1857 - Andrew MacLean and Archibald Gilchrist joined the partnership. 1861 - Robert Barclay died. 1862 - built new works at Stobcross. 1863 - name changed to Barclay, Curle & Co. 1874 - the original yard at Stobcross disposed of. 1876 - moved their yard down river to a position opposite Linthouse. 1884 - incorporated as a limited company.