Cavendish Laboratory 1874

industry:
Research laboratory,
University department
Nationality:
British
based:
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England, United Kingdom

Cavendish Laboratory is the University of Cambridge's Department of Physics, and is part of the university's School of Physical Sciences. 1874 - teaching laboratory; Named after William Cavendish, 7th Duke of Devonshire, Chancellor of Cambridge University; James Clerk Maxwell was a founder of the Cavendish laboratory and was the first Cavendish Professor of Physics.