Messenger & Sons 1835 - 1930

Nationality:
British
based:
Birmingham, Borough of Birmingham, West Midlands, England, United Kingdom

Messenger & Sons were founded around 1835 in Gloucester Place, Alston Street, Birmingham, moving to 19 & 20 Broad Street around 1888. The company made chandeliers, candelabra, lamps and gas fittings and were exhibitors at the Great Exhibition of 1851. The name occurs in the 1810s as Messenger and Phipson of Broad Street, Birmingham, manufacturers of 'plated' goods. They ceased trading in the early 1930s.