Banbury & Cheltenham Direct Railway Company 1873 - 1897
Incorporated om 21 July 1973, this was an amalgam of several schemes - the Bourton-on-the-Water and the Chipping Norton, and lines from Cheltenham to Bourton and from Chipping Norton to Kings Sutton opened on 6 April 1887. The line was 33 miles long, and was joined at Andoversford by the M&SWJR on its opening in 1891. It was worked by the GWR, which absorbed it with effect from 1 July 1897. Kings Sutton-Chipping Norton closed to passengers on 4 June 1951.