Londonderry & Lough Swilly Railway
The L&LS Railway was an Irish public transport and freight company, which existed from June 1853 until July 1953. The company opened its first line, a standard gauge line between Derry and Farland Point, on December 31, 1863. A branch line to Buncrana followed in 1864, and an extension to Letterkenny was constructed in 1883. The network was converted to narrow gauge in 1885.