Thomas Agnew and Sons
- English; British
1817 - the firm of Zanetti and Agnew established by Vittore Zanetti and Thomas Agnew in Market Street, Manchester.
1826 - the firm traded as Thos. Agnew & Sons from Exchange Street until the Manchester branch closed in 1932.
1828 - Vittore Zanetti retired.
1835 - on the death of Zanetti, Thomas became sole proprietor.
1850 - after successfully completing apprenticeships with their father, William and Thomas Agnew became partners in the firm.
1860 - a London branch was opened at 5 Waterloo Place.
1861 - the elder Thomas retired from the firm and his son William became the guiding force of the firm.
1874 - William's son George William joined the firm.
1875 - the firm moved to 39 (now 43) Old Bond Street, formerly an old coaching yard.
1878 - William's son Charles Morland joined the firm.
1881 - Thomas' son William Lockett Agnew joined the firm.
1895 - William Agnew retired. 1908 - the firm opened a branch in Berlin.
1925 - the firm opened a branch in New York.
1932 - the New York branch closed.
2010 - moved to new (and present) premises at 35 Albemarle Street, London.