James Powell and Sons (Whitefriars) Limited 1834 - 1981
- English; british
1834 - Whitefriars Glass Company purchased by James Powell. The company specialised in printed glass - a cheaper alternative to stained glass, and also produced table ware and later glass for scientific applications, such as lightbulbs and vaccum tubes. 1919 - firm's name was changed to Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) Ltd; 1962 - company name was changed back to Whitefriars Glass Ltd. and specialised in freeform domestic glass ware until its purchase in 1981 by Caithness Glass.