Barclay Curle and Co. Limited
- British; Scottish
1884 - incorporated from Barclay Curle & Co. 1912 - acquired by Swan Hunter. 1893 - sold works to the Tunnel Co. for the construction of the subway under the Clyde, and moved, taking over the works of John and James Thomson. 1902 - took over ship repair works at Govan. 1912 - acquired the Elderslie yard and graving dock previously operated by John Shearer and Sons. Was acquired by Swan, Hunter and Whigham Richardson Ltd. 1926 - North British Diesel Engine Works Ltd becomes part of Barclays. 1932 - building concentrated at the Clydeholm and Jordanvale yards while repairs were handled at Govan and Scotstoun. 1967 - shipbuilding ceased following the launch of the Hamlet. 1975 - company's ship repair assets acquired by Yarrow (Shipbuilders) Ltd. 1977 - became part of British Shipbuilders.