Lilleshall Company 1794
- Shropshire, England, United Kingdom
Formed in 1764 between Granville Earl Gower and Thomas and John Gilbert but the Lilleshall Co. as such, was not established until 1802. In 1880 it became a limited company and in 1888 took over the Snedshill Bar Iron Company. In 1860 The Lilleshall Company started another branch for engineering at St Georges known locally as The New Yard.
The Leveson-Gower family continued to participate in the management of the Company up until its last days in Shropshire in the 1980s. the comapny still exists today in Newbury manufacturing plastic building components.