British Insulated Wire Company 1890 - 1902
- Prescot, Knowsley, Merseyside, England, United Kingdom
1890 - British Insulated Wire Company of Prescot formed by Atherton Brothers, T P Hewitt, Colonel Pilkington and Sebastian Ferranti to manufacture power cables insulated with paper
1902 - merged with the Telegraph Manufacturing Company of Helsby to become British Insulated & Helsby Cables Limited.
1925 - re-named British Insulated Cables Limited.
1945 - British Insulated Cables merged with Callenders and became British Insulated Callender's Cables Limited