St Thomas's Hospital

1106-infimray set up by the Augustinian prioiry located just south of London Bridge; 1173 named after Sir Thomas Becket who was canonised that year; 1212 the Hospital was destroyed by fire and rebuilt on the east side of Borough High Street; reinstated in 1553 by King Edward VI after dissolution during the Reformation, now named after St. Thomas the Apostle; 1768 Guy's and St Thomas' hospitals formalised their joint arrangements for teaching medical students as 'The United Hospitals of the Borough', but they split apart again in 1825; 1860 St Thomas' Hospital moved to make way for the building of London Bridge Railway Station and moved to Lambeth

Related people