Walker & Hall 1845 - 1963

industry:
Electroplater,
Silversmith
Nationality:
British
based:
Sheffield, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom

Manufacturers of gold and sterling silver goods, stainless steel, Britannia metal, cutlery and electro-plate. The firm was established in Sheffield in 1845 by George Walker. Between 1848 and 1853 the company was known as Walker, Coulson & Hall until they became simply Walker & Hall in 1853. In 1920 they became a limited company. They had premises at Howard Street, Sheffield and showrooms throughout the country. In 1963 they joined with Mappin & Webb and Elkington & Co to form British Silverware Limited.

Related people