Deeside Railway 1846 - 1866
- Scotland, United Kingdom
Incorporated on 16 July 1846, originally to build a line from Aberdeen to Aboyne but in 1851 it was agreed to only build to Banchory. Formal opening to Banchory was on 7 September 1853, and extenstion to Aboyne was re-authorized on as the Deeside Extenstion Railway. The company obtained powers for the Aboyne and Braemar Railway and amalgamated with the GNSR with effect from 31 August 1875 by an Act of 13 July 1876.