Bolton & Leigh Railway 1825 - 1845

Nationality:
British

Authorized on 31 March 1825, technically the first public railway to run in Lancashire. Its business was mainly mineral and agricultural, between a terminus at Bolton and a connection with the L&MR via the Kenyon and Leigh Railway - the company was consolidated with both these and the GJR on 8 August 1845.